Regulated Soil Information
- Cornell Soil Health How to Package and Ship Samples 7-1-16
- Cornell Soil Health Laboratory Guide to Prohibited Counties
Soil Health Manual Series
Soil Water Holding Capacity Demo Kit User Guide
Cornell and New York resources
- Cornell Nutrient Analysis Laboratory
- Reduced tillage vegetable systems
- Cover Crops for Vegetable Growers
- Adaptive Nitrogen Management and the Adapt-N Tool
- Resources from 2015 Cornell Soil Health Train the Trainer Workshop
- Northern New York Agricultural Development Program (Soils) – Includes soil health information specific to northern New York.
Recent Articles and Videos about Cornell University’s Comprehensive Assessment of Soil Health
- SARE offers free eBooks including: Building Soils for Better Crops, co-written by Harold van Es (Jan. 2017)
- Harold van Es discusses soil health at Wageningen University (June 2016).
- Winthrop Square Park-Using Cornell University’s CASH in an Urban Environment
State and federal resources
- Building Soils for Better Crops – From the USDA SARE program.
- Managing Cover Crops Profitably – From the USDA SARE program.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service -Soil Quality – Includes section on soil quality assessment and publications page.
- Soil Quality– USDA-SARE Professional Development Program-funded site helps land managers and advisors bring soil and environmental concerns into the land management decision-making process.
- National Conference on Cover Crops and Soil Health – Videos from Feb. 2014 conference.
- Soil Biology and Management – Part of soil management series from the University of Minnesota.
- SoilWeb Apps – Access USDA-NCSS detailed soil survey data (SSURGO) for most of the United States from smartphone and other devices.
- University of Western Australia – Soil Health
- Why Soil Health Matters – Jan. ’94 article from The New Farm magazine.
- Selected references
- Pennsylvania State University Penetrometer User Guide
Cornell Soil Health Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures:
Cornell University Comprehensive Assessment of Soil Health Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures, February 2016. Schindelbeck, R.R., B.N. Moebius-Clune, D.J. Moebius-Clune, K.S. Kurtz and H.M. van Es.
For a downloadable pdf of the February 2016 SOPs please click here: CASH-Standard-Operating-Procedures