IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CHANGES TO PACKAGING PROTOCOLS FOR SHIPMENTS WITHIN THE U.S.A.
Beginning June 1st 2016 each individual sample needs to be double bagged prior to packaging and shipping. Packing material such as crumpled paper or bubble wrap must be placed in the box with the samples to prevent sample movement and spillage during shipping.
There are certain counties in the US where soil should neither be packaged nor shipped. Soil received from these counties will be destroyed without processing. For a complete list of prohibited counties please visit the ‘Resources’ tab on our website.
Quick guide to sample shipment and storage:
- Always keep soil samples out of direct sunlight and away from heat, preferably in a cooler.
- Soil Health Assessment samples need to be stored in a refrigerator or cold room after returning from field.
- Make sure to send a completed Soil Health Submission form, in a Ziplock bag, that includes your penetrometer measurements (optional) with your sample.
- Use rapid shipping method, double Ziplock bag your soil sample and ship sample with blue ice packs during warm weather periods.
- Use Small Flat Rate box or send up to four, 6-cup samples, using USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box.
- Please note we have new prices for 2017
Ship to Cornell as soon as possible:
Cornell Soil Health Lab
G01 Bradfield Hall
306 Tower Road
Ithaca, NY 14853-1901